Wednesday, April 11, 2001

From the "Shark Tank", Computerworld

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2001

BY SHARKY
Talk to the Hand

Called into the boss's office "for yet another brainstorming session." IT pilot fish is then kept cooling his heels while the boss continues working.

"I'm sitting there for at least five or 10 minutes while he finishes dictating a memo into a recorder or something," fish grouses.

"Finally, he finishes and gives me his attention. That's when I notice that the recorder is no recorder at all -- it's a PalmPilot.

"High-tech guru as I am, I become curious, so I ask my boss about his new toy."

"After listening to him bolster his ego for a few minutes (something about him being on the bleeding edge of technology and such)," says fish, "I ask him point blank, 'So, you can dictate into the Palm now, huh?' "

Boss pauses while the seeds of doubt grow, and a puzzled look creeps over his face. "Well, I sure hope so ...," he says, trailing off.

"Made my day," says fish.


No comments: